Saturday, July 26, 2014

Why a road trip?

The Road Trip. The great America journey that reminds us of eras gone by. Groups of friends or families seeing the country, trying their hand at a new fortune, or even just going where the road takes you.

As Dennis and I head out on our road trip tomorrow morning I find myself asking the question, why aren't we flying? It is a question that I have been asked several times in the past months. Realistically it is probably cheaper to fly and you could be at your destination in just a few hours, as opposed to several days. But I think the real question is why not a road trip?

We have the chance to take two weeks off work and see places we have never been. The list of all the places I will see and experiences I will have keep rolling through my mind. I can't wait to visit small towns, see vast farmland, gorgeous mountains, and everything in between.

There is a current country song by Miranda Lambert entitled "Automatic". The song describes a simpler time and how many of life's experiences have changed drastically over the past several years. Remember when maps weren't on your phone, but in a big book or a large paper that folded out? That is my soundtrack for this trip.

My goal over the next two weeks is to live. Not just go about my normal routine, but embrace the chance to try something new.

Road trip here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment